Belial is one of the most powerful demons, mentioned across multiple grimoires and of course the Bible. The most notable grimoires that contain Belial’s name are Ars Goetia, The Book of Abramelin and The Complete Book of Demonolatry. (check out my occult book recommendations to learn more about them)
If you want to summon Belial or any other demon for that matter it’s good to immerse yourself in magic literature beforehand. In the Goetia, Belial is described as:
The Sixty-eighth Spirit is Belial. He is a Mighty and a Powerful King, and was created next after LUCIFER. He appeareth in the Form of Two Beautiful Angels sitting in a Chariot of Fire. He speaketh with a Comely Voice, and declareth that he fell first from among the worthier sort, that were before Michael, and other Heavenly Angels. His Office is to distribute Presentations and Senatorships, etc.; and to cause favour of Friends and of Foes. He giveth excellent Familiars, and governeth 50 Legions of Spirits. Note well that this King Belial must have Offerings, Sacrifices and Gifts presented unto him by the Exorcist, or else he will not give True Answers unto his Demands. But then he tarrieth not one hour in the Truth, unless he be constrained by Divine Power.
This is a good starting point for getting to know Belial, but just remember that every grimoire is different, and every magician’s experience with summoning a demon is also different. The above-quoted passage was the experience of the magician who wrote the Ars Goetia or of which he heard from other magicians.
So when you’re reading about summoning demons keep in mind that you’re getting one version and that your experience and what works or what doesn’t within the ritual space can be quite different for every human.
However, this doesn’t mean that ceremonial magick is entirely random. Any effective demon summoning ritual must contain these fundamental elements:
- Desire or need that the magician wants to fulfill by summoning the demon
- The correct demon to summon
- Trance-induction (reaching theta mind frequency)
- Communicating the desire to the demon and receiving feedback
- Closing the ritual
If you follow this fundamental blueprint, you will have a much easier time understanding how rituals are created and how to summon any spirit you want. So let’s break this down for a specifically Belial summoning ritual:
1. Identify your true desire or need
Before you even attempt to summon Belial make sure you have the right reason. Belial is symbolized by the color red, by the earth element, by passion, anger, motivation, worldly achievements. So the best reason to summon Belial is to become more powerful, physically, mentally and emotionally, and to crush any obstacles in your life.
Belial is the demon you’d want to summon if you want to be motivated like David Goggins or other top performers because he will push you to achieve anything in life. On the other hand, if you want to reach spiritual enlightenment or some other more “airy” feat, Belial would not be the best choice. In that case Lucifer or Paimon would be a better choice.
2. Find the right demon to summon
Finding the correct demon is easy if you have the correct literature. There are many grimoires that you can use to find demons. The Lesser Key of Solomon (Ars Goetia), Grimorium Verum, The Complete Book of Demonolatry, The Book of Abramelin and many other sources are available online. In this case I’m guessing you’ve already pinpointed Belial as the correct demon for helping you with a specific goal.
Before you can summon Belial, you have to change your brain frequency. This is where the intricacies of magic rituals come into play. You must change your mind before you can see a spirit from another dimension because our everyday mind is not attuned for such purposes. Using meditation, chants, ritual items such as candles and sigils play a big role in making this happen.
4. Communicate with Belial
Once you’ve reached the trance state (you will just know it intuitively when you’ve reached that point) it’s time to call Belial. Do this in a respectable manner, but not subserviently. Even though Belial is one of the four Kings of Hell, you are not a servant but a powerful magician. You are here to make a pact, not to crawl on the floor in blind obedience.
Once Belial appears, have a conversation, explaining why you need his help. He might ask you for a favor in return. This is the meaning of a demonic pact. For example, Belial might ask you to spread word of his power if he helps you achieve your goal. Or he might ask for your soul after you die like Mephistopheles supposedly demanded from Faustus. It’s for you to decide if you want to make a particular deal or not.
Make sure to bargain a bit before signing any papers. But once you’ve sealed a pact, follow through, otherwise grave consequences can befall you. That can be unlucky accidents or a loss of magical potential, since other demons will refuse to work with you in the future. In magic, your word is everything.
5. Close the ritual
Once you’ve received a satisfactory answer, close the ritual by allowing Belial to leave and do your bidding. Store away the ritual items and open the windows to clear the air in case you were performing the ritual indoors. Leave the room for a while and take your mind off the ritual.
So those are some preliminaries to keep in mind when summoning Belial and I’m sure you’ll find them useful when summoning other spirits as well. You can use these elements to design your own rituals and experiment a bit. But now I want to share a very poewrful step-by-step Belial summoning ritual. I’ve used it on a number of occasions with great results. The prerequisite for conducting the ritual is a quite place where you won’t be disturbed. It can be indoors or outdoors. Turn off all electronic devices and focus completely on the task at hand.
The Red Candle Procession Ritual
- Dress in your best clothes. If you have a magician’s robe even better.
- Close all the windows and create a quiet atmosphere.
- Create a magic circle on the floor. I prefer to use chalk or salt for the sake of convenience.
- Draw Belial’s sigil on parchment or a piece of paper. You don’t have to draw the circle around the sigil with Belial’s name on it, since you’ll place the paper inside the magic circle. Simply draw the sign.
- Place the paper in the middle of the circle.
- Light a red candle and place it on top of the paper.
- Light a large black (or other dark color) candle and hold it in your hand.
- Shut the lights off and make the room completely dark except for the two candles.
- Stand outside the magic circle and slowly circle around it counter-clockwise 9 times while holding the candle.
- While you’re walking around the circle chant Belial’s enn: “Lirach tasa vefa welhc Belial”
- At this point you no longer need the black candle. Stand on the edge of the circle and place your left hand inside the circle above the sigil and the candle and call forth Belial: “Mighty Belial, I summon thee into this reality. Come forth King of Hell!” – This is only an example of something you could say. You will probably be inspired to construe your words in a different way in the moment.
- Close your eyes. Envision your stretched hand summoning a powerful red and green energy of Belial, which is manifesting from the sigil and moving higher and higher from the candle, encapsulating the entire magical circle. You may chant Belial’s enn during this part of the ritual also.
- At this point Belial should appear to you, either as a physical manifestation, an inner vision or he might talk through you. Perhaps he will force you to write something. It really depends on the magician and the type of connection he can make with spirits. Everyone is unique in this matter.
- Once you’ve communicated to Belial what you require assistance with and he’s agreed to help you or not, send Belial on his way and close the ritual by storing away the ritual items, allowing light into the room and going outside for a while to reflect on the ritual or perform unrelated activities.
Final Word: How to Summon Belial
Belial can be a very helpful companion for overcoming obstacles in our hyper-competitive society. If you’re looking for a mental or physical edge for improving your career, relationships or removing any weaknesses such as lack of confidence and anxiety, Belial is the correct spirit to contact. So I hope you’ll use this ritual wisely and make great progress on your spiritual and worldly journey!
Want to receive the benefits of a Belial ritual faster and more effectively? Consider hiring me to perform it for you. I perform rituals for clients based on their unique circumstances and goals. If you’re interested I look forward to hearing from you!