Vine is a demon listed in demonological grimoires such the Lesser Key of Solomon, Johann Weyer’s Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, and Jacques Collin de Plancy’s Dictionnaire Infernal. These texts rank Vine as a King of Hell commanded by Satan, but also listed as an Earl. He leads 36 legions of Demons.
He is called the Revealer, because he can reveal to you any secret concerning your personal affairs. He is known to be the trickiest, and deadliest Demon. He has the power to build towers, destroy walls, disturb seas, and furthermore answer questions on secrets, witches, and even past, present and future.
Vine may be derived from or otherwise connected to the spirit “Royne” in the Liber Officiorum Spirituum, who is described only as an earl appearing like a lion-faced soldier ( riding a black horse and carrying a snake). Royne is given the power to build not only towers but houses. Furtheremore, he can answer questions on treasures or secrets, has love magic, the ability to destroy enemies and consecrate objects (books especially).
Vine often appears in the form of a humanoid lion with a great mane that covers his whole body, long and sharp claws and fangs. He has flaming eyes and holds a serpent in the right hand. On the other hand, some magicians saw a naked man with a lion head riding a black horse.
Remember that the appearance of the demon is closely linked with the preconceived notion that the summoner has of the demon. Vine is a perilous Trickster Demon capable of altering his form, providing him with multiple forms of manifestation. Therefore, Vine has revealed himself to many magicians as someone familiar to them.
Why summon Vine?
I’ve summoned Vine on multiple occassions. When I wanted to learn more about a specific form of magic, to discover false friends and traitors in my organization and to protect myself from the black magic of others.
- Reveal secrets kept from you
- Reveal the names of mages and witches who operated rituals, incantations or hexes
- Point to hidden “Witness Objects”. These objects are usually placed unseen in symbolic places, inside the victim’s house or in place relevant to him. To counter a Hex you need to find and destroy these fetishes.
- Protect you from attacks from other Warlocks and Witches
- Manifest objects to aid you in battle. In the olden times those could’ve been swords and armor, nowadays it could be modern technology relevant to your situation.
Dangers to avoid
Vine probes deep into the conscience of the human beings, pushing them to reveal their deepest and darkest secrets. He can influence both mind and matter to break you. He is said to bring true answers about questions on secrets, witches, and even past, present and future but, as a payment, he can drain you of your vital energy, leaving you weak and confused for a long time.
The behavior, benefits and the perils associated with the demon will be coherent in every case. When summoning Vine, it’s important to keep close to yourself a metal bowl, possibly silver, containing water, mallow petals and mallow oil, as an offering to him.
He appreciates when time is spent gathering or harvesting these offerings. So you should take some time to at least pick the flowers or even make the Oleum. Self made oleums are always a good choice for offering because each mixture will contain plant matter (such as mallow for Vine) and essences formulated specifically for that demon.
As long as you’re respectful to demons and take the preliminary precautions as mentioned here, you have nothing to fear as their primary intent is NOT to harm the summoner. But be wary, Vine is cruel, powerful and cunning, even for the standards of a King of Hell.
Best time to summon
According to the Daemonolatry Goetia and the Lesser Key of Solomon, the best time for summoning Vine to uncover hidden enemies or discern the past, present, and future’s on Sundays between 10 and 11 am. The best days to call upon him are between the 11th and the 20th of June, while others pray to him between November 2nd and 6th.
While these are the best times, they’re not the only times when the demon can be summoned. Same is true for other demons as well. If you can place yourself in the right mental space and you perform the ritual perfectly, it will yield results regardless of the specific time and date.
The Unraveling Ward Evocation
Preparing the ritual:
- Purify your body with baths and perform the ritual in a place clean and quiet
- Draw or print the Demon Seal
- Light a black or yellow (the color of Vine) candle and some frankincense in the middle of the Seal, and turn off all the other lights
- Procure a metal bowl. Ideally made of silver, or at least a noble metal. The bowl should be filled with clear water and mallowpetals
- Make a circle of protection with salt around you and the components, chanting Vine – Olah – Gamm. This will invite Vine in and keep away other unwanted attention from other Mages and Witches.
- Procure a bit of oil to make an offering into the bowl and to trace the warding symbol
- Place the bowl on the other side of the Seal, Vine should be drawn in by the water and manifesting through it.
When everything is ready:
- Stare into the candlelight and quiet your mind
- Close your eyes and visualize the Demonic Seal in your mind, as clear as you can.
- You need to enter a deep meditative state. Start chanting only when you can visualize a clear image with your eyes closed
- When you are sure, start chanting Vine’s enn “Eyesta nas Vine ca laris”
- Repeat for as many times as you feel is necessary.
- Add some Oleum to the bowl. Trace a warding sign on your chest and your forehead with the remaining Oleum.
- Create the image of a strong invisible barrier around you and focus on it. Imagine your skin transforming into a mirror, to send back the negativity to the source.
- Close your eyes and let the energy emanating from the bowl flow to your forehead and visualize itself as Vine.
- Once Vine appears in your mind in one of his many forms, explain your situation to the demon and humbly ask for protection, knowledge or revelation of a secret.
- When you’re done, end the ritual along these lines: “Shield this spirit from who would harm it. Throw upon its enemies their own cursed spells with dazzling blows. This I ask of thee. I offer unto you this offering. May it please you and tell you of my devotion.”
- Blow out the candle and leave the room.
- Return the bowl’s content to the Water (Vine’s Element)
- Always keep the Demonic Seal safe after the ritual. Never throw it away or burn it!
Note: This is by no means the only Vine ritual out there. There are many others. But it’s simple and safe enough for me to share publicly. I use more elaborate items, magic circles, triangles and a host of other ceremonial magic skills when conducting rituals for myself and for my clients. You can use my request a ritual service and I will perform a ritual with the utmost efficiency on your behalf. See you on the other side!